In my post last year about saving money on travel, I compared Costco to Expedia and BookingBuddy. I was comparing apples to apples (so the exact same hotel, airline, tickets, etc…) and Costco won two of the thee “challenges.” Costco, with their buying power, was able to negotiate certain deals with certain carries that others could not match.
However, Expedia and BookingBuddy are both able to negotiate their own deals with carriers, just maybe or maybe not the same carriers as Costco.
So, if ware are willing to compare apple species to apple species (i.e the same star category of service, the same level of air carrier, same room type, etc…) then it would be interesting to find out who comes out with the best price – and YOU still get the best vacation!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog!
BookingBudys is a TripAdvisor Company.
Again, I am going to pick the same trips:
- Walt Disney World, including airfare, park tickets, and a non Disney hotel property for 8 days, 7 nights traveling from Seattle, WA.
- Hawaii, including airfare, hotel, and car on the big island for 7 days, 6 nights traveling from Seattle, WA.
- Cabo San Lucas, including airfare, airport to hotel transfer, and all-inclusive hotel (includes food and drinks) for 5 days, and 4 nights) traveling from Seattle, WA.
Trip 1: Walt Disney World: Departing May 17th and returning May 24th from Seattle, WA, for a family of 4 – 4 star hotel and national airline.
- Costco Travel Vacation Package – Orlando World Center Marriott, American Airlines (1 stop), 5 day park hopper to WDW: $4,320.
- Expedia Vacation Package – The B Resort and Spa, United Airline (1 stop), 5 day park hopper ticket to WDW: $4,486
- BookingBuddy Vacation Package – Hilton Orlando, American Airlines (1 stop), 5 day :$4,094.
For each travel provider, I looked for the lowest price, name brand 4 star hotel. With being able to play with the hotel choice and using BookingBuddy’s deal on Walt Disney World ticket price, we were able to save over $200 on this vacation.
STAY TUNED FOR TRIP 2 AND TRIP 3!
Trip 2: Hawaii: Departing May 17th and returning May 23rd from Seattle, WA, for a family of 4.
- Costco Travel – Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa – Garden View Room, Hawaiian Airlines (no overnight flight), full size car rental: $3,827
- Expedia – Hilton Wikoloa – Resort View Room, Hawaiian Airlines (no overnight flight), full size car rental:
- BookingBuddy –
Trip 3: Cabo San Lucas: Departing May 17th and returning May 21st from Seattle, WA, for two adults.
- Costco Travel: