A Simple Truth: Jesus Rejoices Over You

He will rejoice over you with singing

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Zephaniah 3:17

Can you imagine Buddha up in heaven rejoicing over you as you become his follower? Oh, he’s dead, I guess he can’t do that…

Well, maybe Muhammad singing over you and rejoicing in your being his disciple? No… he’s dead too.

OK, how about one of those million+ Hindu gods? Are they jumping for joy at your offering this week? No, they just want you to sacrifice to appease them so they don’t curse you more. I am pretty sure there is no rejoicing going on there.

So, why would anyone even want to follow these gods, gods who are dead or who just has to be appeased to keep from cursing you?

Actually, I can kind of understand. I was once my own god. I followed my ways, what I wanted to do, completely driven by myself. This is now the most popular god in the world – self.  In the end, everyone doing what they want, trying to get others to do what they want… it just becomes a big MESS.

Yes, it is a mess, so what do I do?

What an amazing thing it was, that when I turned my heart, repented and followed Jesus, I found He was right there, in my midst. I found that He was waiting to rejoice over me with gladness and that He could quiet me and my soul with His love. And then to find out that He rejoiced over me with singing! What a loving, wonderful heavenly Father. Thank you Jesus for being who you are.

Do you know what it is like to have someone rejoice over you? To continually be with you and care about the smallest details of your life? To quiet the chaos in your mind and soul with love? If not, call out for Jesus today – He is listening.

Note: Thank you to my church, 26:8 and our guest pastor Doug for sharing reminding me of this verse from Zephaniah this week and making it real to me that God is singing over me today.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmailby feather

7 Comments on A Simple Truth: Jesus Rejoices Over You

1. Ai
    June 17, 2014 at 10:07 pm (10 months ago)

What an awesome truth to meditate on! That Jesus rejoices over me! Thank you for sharing this!

• caschroader
      June 18, 2014 at 10:12 am (10 months ago)

I have been “meditating” lately on things that I am not doing right or well, so it was a blessing to have this in a sermon recently, then someone prayed over me and told me that I needed to be claiming this verse for myself.

2. Makeda
    June 18, 2014 at 3:33 pm (10 months ago)

Wonderful scripture to meditate on! Thank you for sharing. Found you through Holley’s link up

• caschroader
      June 18, 2014 at 4:16 pm (10 months ago)

Hi! We “met” last week through the link-up, only you had linked before me, so I went to your blog:-)

• Makeda
        June 21, 2014 at 2:55 pm (10 months ago)

You’re right. Sorry I failed to connect those dots. Good to connect with you again :)

3. Imperfect_Leah
    June 18, 2014 at 6:27 pm (10 months ago)

Yes! Jehovah in Jesus Christ is an awe God

4. EdLencia
    July 16, 2014 at 11:26 am (9 months ago)

Hi thank you for sharing your testimony sister! I am also a follower of Jesus Christ and a Bible Believer! I was also meditating on how Jesus saved me from God’s wrath, Hell. And his great mercy he had upon me to extend his grace to me for salvation! So I can totally relate to your testimony, pre-Cross, I was my own god as well.

Also I want to mention that the verse you stated is not the true word of God, it is actually a perversion of Scripture. All new “versions” are except the King James Bible (Psalm 12:6-7) which is God’s true word! Every new version is dangerous and perverts God’s word. Here is a link to get more information on this, God led me to truth and by his truth it has set me free!

I hope this blesses you and God bless you sister in Jesus name!

Zephaniah 3:17 (the true word)
    The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he WILL save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Blaspheming God’s word

The real Bible version issue exposed