Getting your children too cook can be as simple as 1) selecting a meal that they like 2) selecting a meal that is simple to make. When we got a some free fish coupons from Gorton’s Smart & Crunchy, along with some aprons and a fish stick stuffy, we knew that Fish Tacos was the meal to make! Read on to see how we made the tacos and then how you can get some free stuff from ASimpleLifeToo.com and Gorton’s Seafood.
First, here are some other recipes, available from Gorton’s, using their fish sticks. Most of these recipes have short prep times and would be good candidates to get in the kitchen and cook with your children!
Let’s Make Tacos:
I set up my oldest, S – 8, and my middle, T – 6, with the two aprons and then asked them to gather the ingredients.
1 bag of 24 pieces of smart and crunchy fish sticks
1 container of mixed lettuce
1 pack of lard free tortillas
condiments such as ketchup and ranch dressing
Then I instructed each of them as follows:
1) S has been trained to cut with a knife, so I set her to cut the tomato and place the tomato bits and the lettuce on a tray.
2) T got out a baking sheet and set out all of the sticks in nice, neat rows.
3) Mom turned on the oven per the instructions on the bag of fish sticks, put them in the oven, and set the timer.
4) We let the sticks cool a bit, then we wrapped them up two at a time in a tortilla with the tomatoes, lettuce, and favorite condiment. I prefer ranch dressing, but the girls like ketchup!
Yes, this is what I call a simple, healthy, cheap meal. If you would like to learn more about cooking with your children, the Simple, Healthy, Cheap Way, check out my eBook.
If you would like more information about Gorton’s new Smart & Crunchy fish sticks, check out their product info. These fit in with our eat healthy philosophy because they have 50% less fat than their other fish sticks and are made with 100% wild caught Alaska Pollock. We all enjoyed the meal and were were happy to repeat it the next night.
Now Onto Some Free Goodies:
1) Get a coupon from Gorton’s for $1.00 off of a bag of Smart and Crunchy fish sticks.
2) Enter their sweepstakes to win a trip to one of 4 locations, including Orlando, FL. Hmm, I think this belongs on my list of Disney Sweepstakes!
3) Enter my giveaway for a prize package from Gorton’s for: two free bags of fish sticks, a set of Mommy and Me aprons (or Daddy and me), and 1 Smarty Crunchman Plush Stuffy! No obligation here – just leave your name in the comments below that you would like to be entered into the drawing. However, if you feel like it, please share this giveaway and post with others and/or share the Gorton’s coupons and sweepstakes from their site. The giveaway ends April 9th and I will do the drawing by April 11th.