First of all, they might be called Breakfast Burritos, but they can be eaten any time of day. We usually have them for lunch. In fact, we have these for lunch on average of once per week – they are inexpensive, filing, relatively healthy, and a family favorite. So here is our family’s recipe for Breakfast Burritos.
- 8 to 10 Tortillas
- 6 cups Hash-browns
- 10 to 12 pieces Turkey bacon or Turkey sausage
- 6 to 8 Eggs
- Condiments: Salsa, ketchup
- Add oil to medium heat and cook hash-browns until cooked / browned.
- In another pan, start cooking the turkey bacon or sausage until cooked through.
- When hash-frowns or bacon/sausage is done, remove from pan and cook eggs (scrambled).
- Heat tortillas if you would like.
- Make the burritos by putting 1 – 2 pieces of bacon or sausage, a couple of tablespoons of hash-browns, a couple of tablespoons of eggs into a tortilla and add condiments.
Seriously, this recipe is that easy! Some variations include adding fresh tomatoes or avocados, adding southwestern seasoning, adding cheese or using diced potatoes instead of hash-browns.
What is your favorite, comforting, easy to make recipe?
Get free printable coupons now from Coupons.com